Charles Sturt University
Charles Sturt University


I am a student and wish to ride at the Equine Centre - are there any costs or insurance requirements I need to know about?

  • All students and staff wishing to use the Equine Centre facilities must be a member of the Equine Centre. To qualify for membership you must be able to prove membership with Equestrian Australia, or the Equine Student Association which will provide your insurance to ride at the facilities. Click here for more information and the application form. If you do not have membership - you cannot ride at the facilities.
  • Please check the bookings calendar to ensure the facilities are available prior to bringing your horse to the centre.

 What options are available for student boarding and how much does it cost?

  • Student boarding is offered to current CSU students and includes a stable, sawdust bedding, shared paddock turn-out, a tack & feed storage area and use of all facilities. Boarding costs $6.50 per day, a small number of private day yards are available for an additional $2 per day for those who do not want to use the shared student paddocks.
  • Students are expected to provide their own feed and are fully responsible for the feeding, care and exercise of their horse.
  • All students and staff boarding at the Equine Centre are required to be an Equestrian Australia member or an ESA Student Club member for insurance purposes.

I am not a CSU staff member or student but still wish to use the facilities - is this possible?

  • Yes. There is a fee of $20 per day to use any of the available facilities. You will also need either Equestrian Australia membership or Equestrian Student Association membership. Complete the Shared Facility Hire Form and return to

I am a member of a pony club, adult riding club or REA club - is this sufficient for insurance purposes?

  • Unfortunately not. These type of memberships only provide insurance cover when riding at designated club activities or events and will not provide cover outside of these activities.

I would like to book the facilities for a competition, show, visiting instructor or private event. What is required and how do I go about making a booking?

  • Please email the Equine Centre to check availability and then fill out the Facility Booking Form. The instructor, club or organisation is required to provide a certificate of $20Million public liability insurance for the booking to be accepted.